2021 Building a Culture of Health in NJ Conference: Healing Communities and Connecting Voices
Join community leaders, advocates, providers and public health professionals from across New Jersey for the Building a Culture of Health in New Jersey Conference on Friday, December 10, 2021. With a focus on healing communities and connecting voices, and sessions highlighting stories of resilience, this free virtual and in-person event will explore best practices and solutions to move communities forward. The agenda features workshops on
- Food Access: Less Pivot, More Push!
- “What’s Strong With You?” A Conversation About Positive Childhood Experiences versus Adverse Childhood Experiences
- The New Jersey Inclusive Healthy Communities (IHC) Grant Program – Advancing Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Through Inclusion of People with Disabilities
- What We Have Learned about Mental Health in 2020 and 2021
- Racism, Bias & COVID-19: A Call to Action, and
- How Effective Housing Interventions Can Improve Health Outcomes
In addition, the From Vaccines to Systems Change: From a Pandemic Spurred a Network for Long-Term Change session will feature thought leaders from the New Jersey Vaccination Learning Network who will discuss the vaccination efforts they’ve been leading in their communities, participation in the weekly network, and views on how this type of design thinking and partnership approach needs to continue beyond vaccines and integrated into the broader systems-change focused work. The goal is to eliminate the barriers that led to inequitable vaccine access and the broader crises so many New Jerseyans face on a daily basis. New Jersey Health Initiatives Deputy Director of Programs Diane Hagerman will moderate the conversation.
- Catherine Hart, Deputy Director, Housing Authority of the City of Elizabeth
- Sara Cullinane, Director & Co-Founder, Make the Road New Jersey
- Monica Lallo, EdD, MPM, MPA, Senior Vice President, Prevention, Youth & Education Services, Acenda Integrated Health
- Amanda Medina-Forrester, Executive Director, Office of Minority and Multicultural Health, New Jersey Department of Health
Plus, a special exhibition of Community Conversations: Pandemic Perspectives, New Jersey’s COVID-19 Storytelling Project will be held on Thursday, December 9 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for registrants who attend the conference in person in Atlantic City. The exhibit will shine a light on some of the COVID-19 experiences shared by New Jersey residents in 2020 through first-person interviews, stories, creative works and animations.
Click here to register