February 8, 2017 / Greater Freehold – Neighborhood Connections to Health
The Greater Freehold team is excited to announce that it has moved into the critical information gathering phase of its first-year schedule. Specifically, we have started hosting a series of six focus group meetings in the Freehold area comprising a cross-section of the entire community, which will enable us to better understand residents’ needs and perceptions. This, in turn, will inform our thinking and highlight the opportunities that will underpin the central theme(s) of our Blueprint for Action.
Building to this point, and since our last blog post, we have:
- Circulated a request for proposal and subsequently appointed an independent research consultant to conduct the focus groups and gather qualitative feedback
- Debated and identified the six focus groups (Hispanics, Youth, Mothers, African-Americans, Home/Food Insecure and Longtime Freehold Residents)
- Reached out to knowledgeable and like-minded community members (our “buddies”) to partner with us in the recruitment of focus group attendees
- Agreed on a carefully constructed standard focus group question guide to be used at each of the meetings and
- Planned and agreed on a timeline for the focus group meetings, information gathering and analysis that will leave us sufficient time to carefully identify the core opportunities and actions around which we will build our Blueprint for Action and associated budget.
We look forward to continuing to share our journey with you in our next blog post!